After Mediatek’s previous announcement in the month of December, they have finally launched the MediaTek Helio M70 5G modem. The company has finally opened the gates for companies. All the smartphones, laptops and other 5G enabled electronics manufacturing corporations can test their chips. They have already been facing a long term competition and market share fight from the Qualcomm Snapdragon Corporation. Therefore, this Helio M70 chipset can give a tough competition to the giant corporation of Snapdragon Qualcomm. Till now, MediaTek has invested almost 2 billion dollars in the complete research and development. This 5G enabled powerful chipset is said to be the best in the market.
The MediaTek 5G SoC will be ready for supply to the developers and manufacturers at the end of the year 2019. From the beginning of the year 2020, people will start noticing the smartphones and laptops with the 5G network. They will be able to buy it from nearest or online stores. Their present smartphones, carriers, component, and RF supplier partners include Vivo, Oppo, muRata, Qorvo, and Skyworks. The chipset can adjust easily in low-cost smartphones, laptops, and other electronics. The budget-friendly people will also be able to afford it between a price range of $700 and less. MediaTek processor 5G chipset is mainly focusing on the low budget customers and making the technology affordable for them.
5G smartphones have already hit the market in first and second world countries like America, China, and South Korea. The technology to launch recently in all of Asia, Europe, and North America countries. The market is huge and a trillion dollar industry as said by the renowned authorities and media agencies. Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S10 supports 5G on Verizon network and V50 ThinQ of LG. It will be launch soon with 5G capability on Sprint’s network. The minimum price range of the devices is going to be above $1000. The Helio M70 chipset will be noticeable in the devices where the price is less than $700.
Features and Specifications of the MediaTek Helio M70 5G Chipset
- Dual carrier support to connect two 5G frequencies for maximum speed along with Multi-mode support of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G
- It supports and uses Artificial Intelligence technology for sharp camera photos, effective power saving, and system management
- It offers an efficient download speed of 4.7 GBPS. The uploading speed of 2.5 GBPS is greater than any other chipset.
- 60 frames per second of Ultra 4K video encoding and decoding along with camera sensor support of 80 MP Resolution (Mini DSLR)
- It supports 5G non-standalone and standalone architectures which are sub-6GHz 5G networks. This architecture includes the Sprint and T-mobile in the United States
- First ever 5G SoC with New Arm Cortex-A77 CPU technology for fast performance. The New Arm Mali-G77 GPU provides ultra-smooth gaming.
- The Cutting edge 7 nm process saves a lot of energy for the system
- According to the research, this Helio M70 is a little bit faster. It performs better than its competitor Snapdragon X50 due to integrated SoC
- MediaTek 5G chipset supports the latest AI architecture of APU 3.0. It will be able to run all advanced AI application faster than ever before
This time MediaTek Company is going to play a smart game with its competition. Like instead of competition with the same consumer market with Snapdragon X50 modem, they are going to target only the sub-6GHz based 5G networks which are the Sprint and the T-mobile in the United States. Whereas the Snapdragon X50 uses the mm-Wave based networks which are At & T’s and the Verizon. This new generation of the fastest reliable connectivity of 5G is going to fasten up the work for the IOT (Internet of Things) development ecosystem. This technology is, therefore, going to increase the number of smart cities all over the world.
Everything about 5G: Complete Guide to Benefits and Advantages
- This technology provides the continuous and fastest growth of FWA (Fixed Wireless Access). It is a plug-in device for Wi-Fi/Ethernet connectivity around the entire home.
- Electronic network required devices like gaming consoles, smartphones, laptops, security cameras, doorbells, TVs, tablets and all other appliances can operate smoothly under fixed wireless access of 5G.
- With FWA all the village people will also be able to use the internet efficiently. There is a lack of wired connection in rural areas.
- It will bring a revolution in gaming by making all the high-end graphics games playable on online streaming. There will be no need to download and render them.
- With 5G technology, online stream gaming will be much more fun. It will have the capability to stop playing on one device and start with another device.
- It provides larger capacity bandwidth which means no slower connectivity even if many people use the same network or Wi-Fi.
- With the fifth-generation network, both video recording and calling are HD in quality.
- It increases the growth of IoT (Internet of things) related services globally. IoT services are virtual reality, wireless patient monitoring system and many more.
Image source: MediaTek 5G